- The roof structure through surface construction.
- The seating area.
- I think this was at the grand podium.
- Yup...its definitely at the grand podium.
- The spanning roof was really a sight!
- Decending from the podium.
- Umm...no comment.
- We could not resist doing a too-fast-too-furious style pose. I don't know what's up with Kar Weng though.Even though today was as though the fires from hell had released its skin-searing power, it was a good day. I hope there will be more trips to come.
Another thing happened today. As I was going through my clothes, I discovered this shirt I have with a foliage motif had either Japanese of Chinese words embroidered as part of the motif. I never really noticed it until today. I edited the images to make identifying them easier.
- first pair of weird words.
- second unusual word.
-third mind-boggling word.
-and fourth pair of characters.I have no idea what it means. If someone knows what the hell those characters mean, gimme some feedback! And by some one, I MEAN YOU, MEI ZHI AND KHANG MAY! You guys should probably know....unless it's japanese of course.
13 comments:
err...they are obviously chinese words...
haiz....pls do improve your chinese level a bit justin..since you had been hanging around with us for err...the third year?!!?
nah...
i don't think there is any relation between those words...
the first word-left is chinese,right may be japanese; it means 'strong',pronounced as 'qiang'
second word-it is called 'bo'.it doesn't carry any meaning if it appears by its own.but if you pronounced it in cantonese, it means ball~
third one is 'sha'.same as the second one,it has to pair with some other words to be meaningful.anyway,the first word of Sarawak in chinese will be this.
the fourth one you should always remember that!its called 'tai' 'yang'! yes, the 2 words together mean 'sun'.but unfortunately,the second one is in the complicated, ancient form,so it becomes more difficult to write and most of us won't understand it if you never seen that before too! HOWEVER~as my friend,remember it!
it is one of the word of my sur name--Yeang!
understand...???~~:)
all the words no relation wan
the first wan is strong,
2nd .. not sure
3rd is sand
and finally is sun
~aL~
You always take such nice and artistic pictures!
khang may is right, but I also think it might be japanese. coz you can see chinese words in japanese writing. but their meaning somehow different and they use traditional writing.
the 1st word means strong, the word beside is japanese word.
2nd one means wave. but normally we use it with another word.
3rd one means sand in japanese word.
the last one, that one is traditional writing. the simplified one is 太阳. which means sun.
overall... it reminds me of beach!!
get it?
of course correct..:D
hehe....
O.o
Sun, Sand and Wave...I think they really are refering to the beach...Maybe i'll wear that shirt to the beach of something. Thanks guys!
And Khang May...no I still don't know Chinese words...
OMG Alvin, you know chinese?!?!
Yes Mei Zhi...I want to go to the beach too...Haih...there are no beaches in KL
It's japanese... japanese has 3 types: katakana, hiragana & kanji. Kanji is the one that looks like chinese characters (because they are... well, kinda) while the other two is very different (as in the second character of your first picture).
I'll ask my punching bag to see if the translation to jap is any different from the chinese translation.
I agree with michiko.
- Punching Bag...
oh i see....never knew that japanese got 3 types too!!wow!!
'邱伍翰'。。what does it mean?!
I never knew anything
So i'm guessing the designer just selected random words?...but they kinda relate to the elements of the beach
err...your name...~~
Post a Comment