Saturday, March 07, 2009

Being honest

I decided to head over to One-Utama yesterday to do a quick round of grocery shopping as the earlier busy week left me without food at home. I've been eating out most of the time and that maybe the cause of the sorethroat to which now I'm recovering from.

Now, I'll be really honest with you, I did have a hidden agenda going all the way there. I went there to shop.

I already had in mind a few things I wanted to buy. A shirt, a pair of shoes...maybe a t-shirt? Things I've been thinking of getting for a while now. So, off to the shops I went. One by one. I tried a pair of shoes at one of the shops.....too tight. Then I headed off to the dressing room at Zara with a white shirt in tow.....too.....erm.....see through. And then to a slew of other shops in which I tried on a variety of clothing which on normal circunstances would look absolutely acceptable to anybody. But the thing is I always manage to point out to myself little things about the item which would make me dislike it. The length. The material. The colour. The fit. The price.

I ended up frustrated and dissapointed as I was left empty handed. But my overly critical clothing choices is a blessing in disguise, especially in these trying economic times. So instead of clothing, I spent my money on groceries, went home and made myself a good meal. Ahhh...satisfaction.


Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

alvin_t said...

wow ..
looks like someone have been saving