Thursday, May 20, 2010
Inspiration | Patrick Ervell Spring|Summer 2010
For Spring|Summer 2010, Patrick Ervell's experimentation with fabric treatment left me stunned. When I took my first look at the photo above, I loved the outfit. The neutrality and simplicity in the clothes were to my liking and I thought it was perfectly accented by that blazer which I assumed was some kind of orange-y floral print.
Or so I thought. If there's anything I've learnt in the past is that I should NEVER assume.
The 'floral print' which was used in several pieces in the collection was actually rust stains. Take a closer look:
Patrick Ervell gave a different spin on patina to clothes. He carefully used iron and copper oxide shavings and spread them over the garment which is then soaked in saline for a week, causing it to rust and stain the material. By doing so, he managed to create this ingenious print-like pattern and "a kind of decay as a central motif for the collection"
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!
I feel the need to do a diy project.
Stay tuned for more.
Tags:
fashion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment