Life at home has been pretty mundane but I'm absolutely happy with the way it is. In the past three years, college has been keeping me pretty hectic so, this sudden drop in activity is somewhat startling. However I will admit to longing for a creative outlet in which to express myself. I had previously expressed myself through my assignments and so without them, i'm trying to give myself little projects and things to do as an effort to prevent myself from going brain dead.
I baked an apple pie, and served it ala mode:
I tried my hand at dying fabrics, but i'm convinced that the instructions on the package is lying to me. What was supposed to be "Desert Sand" came out looking more like "Sloshy Mud Pie".
On a side note, I've just decided to experiment with more natural dyes. Hopefully it's not colourfast.
I've also taken an effort in spring-cleaning. Many items from my room have been disposed or donated in a not-so-orderly fashion. Downsizing never felt so good. I'm also dreading the day when I have to start giving away some of my clothes as well, because they are just taking up too much space and I simply can't demote a t-shirt into pajamas when I already have like 10 t-shirts which are currently serving as pajamas. If I could, I'd hold onto all of them. And on top of that, I'm also telling myself not to shop.
Other things to keep myself busy: Helping out with the chores and errands, eating Char Koay Teow, cycling, eating Laksa, taking pictures, eating Char Siew Fan, eating in general, and reading books. Yes, I'm actually reading a book, it's actually been like 2 whole years since I completely finished a book. Crazy.
So I guess I'll just carry on then.
Stay tuned.



3 comments:
Are you finally going to finish the seventh Harry Potter book now?
could you add "staying up late so that your sister can talk to you" to the list as well? Or should I call in the afternoon instead?
Oh, and perhaps you should start listing down things you want to bring with you...
SAZ: That remains to be considered
Jhei: My sleeping patterns are unpredictable now that I'm not on a schedule. And as far as listing goes, I'm working on it already.
Post a Comment