Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boston Day 2

We returned to Boston the day after our first visit. We arrived in the morning about 10 o' clock since the day before we decided to visit the museum of science to witness the 'Body Worlds 2' exhibition there. It you haven't heard of this exhibition, you can google it up but briefly, the exhibition features human bodies which have been preserved via a technique called plastination developed by Gunther von Hagens. It involves draining of the donated body's fluids (yes...DONATED) and then substituting it with plastic by injecting molten plastic in and when it hardens, the body is preserved. The bodies are exhibited are usually skinned so as to show the tendons, ligaments, muscles, blood vessels and muscles beneath. The bodies are also places in various positions as to display the movement of the muscles. Some diseased organs are also shown. Personally, I found it educational but also sickening. Unfortunately, photography was prohibited. Looking at the REAL dead people made me kinda woosy. So I guess, surgeon is a profession I won't be considering at all...


-outside the museum of science, by the river

After staring at dead bodies for an hour or two we payed a visit to the public park and walked around a little bit. (Now there's a sentence I never thought i'd use)

-the park!!!


-a huge LIVE christmas tree!!!


-some monument

Now i'm back in Bristol and my routine is back to sleep, eat and watch TV. It's not like I can shop and tour all week long can I? So anyway, we're planning to go to New York soon and considering to spend New Years there. But the cost of dining in a restaurant in New York on new year's eve is going to burn several holes in our pockets. So we probably won't be doing that. Bummer.

F.Y.I.: If you wanna see more photos, i'm going to upload them into my friendster or ringo account!!

No comments: