So, i'm half way through my stay in tha US and so far, i'm having the time of my life, as I have described in my previous posts. But let's be truthful. Here are some things from my point of view about this country, both good and bad:
1. People drive like super speedy here. Practically everyone passes the speed limit. If you drive slow, you get honked (but that's a given)
2. Shopping during the sales and holidays is a carzy, frenzy-ish experience. People throng malls and stores like crazy!
3. Okay, for some of the better things, store assistants here ALWAYS ask if you need help and ask how you're doing (but I don't think some of them mean what they are saying coz there are a couple of rude-ass people I have seen at the airport, in New York and just yesterday at the Premium Outlets)
4. You'd think it's cold here but out of nowhere, someone comes round the corner jogging in nothing but scanty sports attire!
5. Cars actually stop for people to cross the street...something unseen back in Penang except for some rare occasions.
6. People here love to use hthe word 'like'. For example: Like yesterday, I was like going to the mall and I like saw this book which was like so good and I like totaly wanna buy it but it was like so expensive and I was like so broke... (I hope you get the picture)
7. When you make an order in any restaurant, the waiter will ask you what you wanna drink first... and then come back later for your food order.
8. You have to tip atleast 15% to 20% when eating in a restaurant and that's on top of the other taxes...if you don't, don't even think of coming to the same place soon.
9. When you purchase clothing here, make sure you retain the receipt and when you get back, check for and imperfections. You can return them to the store as long as you have the receipt and the clothing tag is attached. You can even return them for no reason at all (if you're evil, you can wear the item a couple of days with the tag on and return it later...hehe)
10. Teens and people in their 20's are quite fit. But it's relatively difficult to spot a fit person in their 40's...they're all fat and obese.
So far that's all I can think of for now.
PS: Happy working, Karen!
No comments:
Post a Comment