Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The best movie!


Today Zhi Xiang and I went to Gurney to watch the highly anticipated movie "Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End.' Okay, that was like the best movie i've seen so far this year. Really just SO good. I could totaly watch it again if I wanted to. It was worth sitting for 3 hours in the freezing cinema. Apparently, Zhi Xiang didn't watch the second installment, so before going into the cinema I kinda summarized it for him (Although, I'm kinda bad at summarizing movies). But he still managed to follow the story. Anyways, I was wondering, is it just me or do other people find it difficult to differentiate between Lord Beckett and the Norrington guy...you know the two British people with the curly curly white hair? I think it's gotta be the hair...yeah, it confuses me. Makes them look the same.


This is the best ending to this trilogy that I could imagine. And Chow Yun Fatt stars in it too...which is really something. It's also nice to see that they've expanded the character, Tia Dalma aka Calypso. I think she plays her part well. She's got the whole accent thing going on. And there's a cameo by Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's father. Plus, the graphics were totaly awesome! I like the pebble shaped crabs. They were weird but kinda cool. By the way, for those who haven't seen it, make sure you continue watching after the movie ends, coz there's a small clip somewhere between the credits which is seriously not to be missed. I read that in a website and then was confirmed by Mei Zhi. For those who missed it...WATCH IT AGAIN MATEY!

~WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!...especially for those who have not seen the small clip at the end~


Apparently, there was a scene which was cut out from the movie which explains that if Calypso were to greet Davy Jones at the end of his 10 years of ferrying dead souls, then he would have been freed of his duty. So since Elizabeth was still faithful to William after 10 years, he too would be free from being captain of the Flying Dutchman.

After the movie, the two of us went to have lunch at 600cc and then to the Padini Store on one to use Zhi Xiang's discount privilages. We tried on a bunch of clothes which we knew we weren't gonna buy. But that was pretty much the whole point. The workers are probably hating me right now for making them fold the clothes which I tried on but did not buy. Then I tried on a pair of shorts which I thought were okay, until I saw this:

-holes!?

Seriously!...Holes!...At the back of the pants! What are they for, to let everyone get a glimpse of your underwear!? Jeesh...

And as I was trying out clothes, I discovered that I had scratched myself on my leg earlier and I didn't even feel it. The blood had clotted when I noticed it. It's not deep though.

-scratch...with oozing blood...OOOOZING!!! (Nah, just kidding)

4 comments:

michiko said...

Lord Beckett and the Norrington guy look the same to me too...

Jhei said...

Uh.. not to me though...

But yeah!! Pirates 3 was FREAKING AWESOMEEEE!!!!

I'm thinking about getting the original dvd collection...

sankochan said...

I watched it again ady! And I saw the last part!!

I was wondering where the small boy come from. I mean, where did they 'DO IT'?? And than my friend was like at... when they were at the beach la!! She was wearing his boots... Than I was like, 'OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH~~~~' See I'm so innocent...

Z said...

just watched it.. overall it's okie cause i never watch 1 and 2.. and i missed the last part.. how sad.. cause my friends insisted they show had ended..