I'm back in Petaling Jaya now. Classes have resumed and once again, the lecturers are handing out assignments and exercises like there's no tomorrow. Everything is now speeding up as there are no more holidays in the near future and I anticipate things are to get more and more hectic as the weeks pass by. However, currently i'm still stuck in the festive mood, unable to move forward with the current as others are already doing. It's difficult to get myself up to speed with the things around me again. My year end holidays ended in December and just a month into the new semester, there was a week off for Chinese New Year which makes adapting to the classes a little bit more tough. Maybe it's just me missing my family, home, friends back in Penang, food and the whole package which goes with the Chinese New Year festivities.
I mean, it's only like the 5th day of CNY and i'm already away from home. I reckon this is probably the first time i'm not in Penang for the whole 15 days of the new year. How am I supposed to 'loh yee sang' on the 7th day? With whom am I supposed to play mahjong with? Where am I supposed to get pengat and eat it on the 15th? I don't know, maybe i'm just missing home. The holidays sure went by fast. One moment i'm packing up to leave for Penang and the next i'm back here in PJ. I guess i'm feeling a tad depressed of late. As if being away from my loved ones back home isn't bad enough, thinking of how busy and tiring assignments are going to be is even worse. I hope I recover from this doldrum and fast.
By the time Mei Zhi and Sandra reads this entry, i bet they'll be in Australia. It's sad I didn't manage to catch them last week in Penang. Everyone of us were so busy with the festivities. To Mei Zhi and Sandra: I wish you the absolute best in Australia. I hope we will meet up when you guys return.
11 comments:
Aww... mum says, "Poor baby"..
nvm la, this weekend you and the parents can look for a place to "loh yee sang" in KL, ok ar? I will be there in spirit ^_^
I am sending you this from Australia!! you sad or me sad more? being thousand miles away from home, and cannot go back for a year!! You still can go back every weekends!!
anyway, all the best to you too!! It's okay, we definitely will meet up when Sand and I go back!! you must free yourself out that time you know!!
Hey, I've changed my blog address to http://alanykh.blogspot.com . Relink me alright. ;-)
when u come back we can play mahjong again..
Dear friend. You'll be alright!
Yeah guys, I know. I was just a little down coz I felt like I was robbed of my festivities.
Justin!!! I know you miss me!! I know miss me so much!!!!!!!!! *cries like a drama queen*
Yup, I'm sending you this from Australia too!! Yea la! Your not the only one sad and depressed. I have tons of things to do everyday!! This and that.... sign up, enroll, get discount cards, BANKS!!
SU-ACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
ppl...im not even allowed to have the festival mood at that time!?
no CNY for 2008,2009,2010........isn't it worse?>>.<<
cheer up ppl!
Sanko: Okay...drama queen..haha
May: you can celebrate deepavali!!!
one day nia...or you are talking about the lobster again?!
May: huh?....lobster? o.O
Post a Comment