Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Chicago: 330 North Wabash

For my architecture coursemates:

I paid a visit to the 330 North Wabash building (formerly known as the IBM building). Seeing this building for the first time absolutely overwhelmed me. How could it not when it was designed by famed architect and one of my favourites, Mies Van Der Rohe.

This was infact the last building he designed in the U.S. and unfortunately, he passed away before its construction. Nevertheless, it embodies all of his ideas on minimalism.

If possible, when I journey into the city again, I would like to try and enter the building. That is if I'm allowed to. But admiring the exterior was good enough.


- Signage

- 330 North Wabash behind me.

- Right at the corner.

- The raised sidewalk.

- The entrance


Stay tuned for more structures in Chicago.

3 comments:

Sophia Az said...

ooh...that's awesome. hey have you gone to the Sears tower yet? If you haven't, I dare you to take a jump shot on the glass balcony

Jhei said...

Too expensive to get up there!! He's NOT going lol

justin k said...

Yeah it kinda is. Sad. For the 20 dollar I'm thinking of touring Farnsworth house.