Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicago Alone

Today I walked nearly 20 blocks. Like SERIOUSLY. I'm so freakin tired. It's 12am here and my sister is already sleeping while I'm the one who walked 20 blocks. Nevermind.

Anyways, it was TOTALY.WORTH.IT. I took a stoll down to Lake Shore Drive to have a look at 860-880 Lake Shore Drive Apartments (more to come in another post). But the thing is, I entered the lobby to ask the concierge just to confirm whether I was at the right place since they were like renovating the shit out on the road outside and had like tarp covering any sign saying what building it was. And that man was really friendly. Asked me where I was from and all that and had a decent conversation. I would have to say that Kairi is probably the one who influenced me to strike up conversations with random strangers.

Other than that I just walked the Magnificent Mile again (where all the stores are). I found out how expensive Neiman Marcus was as they carry Dolce, Prada, Diesel, Armani, Ferragamo and all that crap. Didn't buy a single thing. Just looked, touched, and looked some more. I mean if you think stuff in Parkson was expensive, try that Dolce Tuxedo Jacket I saw worth 4995.00. And mind you, that's 4995.00 U.S. dollars. AND it's ONLY the jacket. I'm still sticking to H&M.

I also took a visit to the Art Museum coz I found out that on Thursdays after 5:00pm, admission is awesome-ly free. Walked around but I did not finish the entire museum as it was big. Like BIG. And there was quite alot to see. Nice things. Paintings by Picasso and Piet Mondrain, architectural sketches by Richard Neutra, Mies Van Der Rohe and Frank Gehry. Sculptures by Matisse. Lots of things. I'm so going back there again next Thursday.

Here're some RANDOM pictures. I will most likely organise them better in the coming posts.


- John Hancock building...again. But better view, without me in it.


- Trump International Hotel and Tower entrance.


- The newly constructed Trump Tower. I love how it reflects the sun.


- Inside Macy's. It was pretty nice in there. Tried on a couple things from DKNY but their sizes were too big.


- Random street. You see, I walked alot today. AH LOT


- Finally, the Art Institute of Chicago.


- Dinner at Chipotle. I do like Mexican!



I need to get a tripod or a friend because the entire time I could not take pictures of myself posing in front of fantastic locations. And I think that is just missed opportunity.


Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

Kairi said...

i can be the tripod or the friend XD

justin k said...

I should have packed you in then.