Friday, October 16, 2009

OMG Japan! : Ginza

Ginza is fantastic. How could it not be since it's the shopping destination in Tokyo. Unlike Omotesando, Ginza has a wide combination of stores ranging from fashion to food and departmental stores. And the prices span from affordable and economical to high-end. So there's something for everyone. I was fortunate enough to visit the Muji store there even though I spotted it by chance and wasn't planning to go there in the first place. But I soon found myself completely won over by Muji's 'brandless' concept. No Frills. Things there are affordable and to some extent, very reasonable.

The only let down for me was not being able to go to Uniqlo. Uniqlo is one of those affordable fashion stores, similar to H&M. When I was there, they were preparing for the launch of Jil Sander's collaborative effort with Uniqlo, the +J collection. I would have loved to shop the line as well as the other things available. I was actually planning to pay a visit to Uniqlo even before the Japan trip. But because we had such a tight schedule and we kept missing out on the stores, I wasn't able to visit the sore let alone shop there. Now I'll just hope Uniqlo makes its way to our shores.

Pictures!


- Ginza



- Louis Vuitton building by Jun Aoki



- Mikimoto by Toyo Ito



- Dior



- Swarovski's glimmering facade



- Inside Muji



- At Ginza, Tokyo



- From the middle of the road



- Along Ginza

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: