Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm a smoker...

A second hand smoker that is. Like about nearly 40% of the students here suck on that cancer stick everyday. Especially in the courtyard which is kinda like the outdoor food court. I would try to stay as far away from Mr/Ms Cigarette McSmokey because cigarette smoke smells really bad. Usually I try to eat indoors and try to stay in the air-conditoned areas which prohibit smoking. But at the end of the day, my clothes still smell kinda smokey. I wish they'd just quit already!

I guess most of the KL students pick up this habit from being frequently exposed to the media and the smoking culture. Some are also under the impression that smoking is "cool". Well, i'm here to tell you future-lung-cancer-patients that it's the complete opposite of cool. It's nasty. So if you wanna take a drag on that fucking foul, tar-containing, teeth-yellowing, carbon monoxide-producing, heart disease and emphesema causing stick of ciga-yuck, please go do it in an enclosed room so that you can breathe in all of that smokey goodness you love to expose your alveoli to. Either that, or you can take that little friend of yours and shove it up your little %*^$#%*&!!!!!

*cool down*

Okay, i've calmed down... So today I went to one-utama (i've finally found KL people who can drive, YAY!) to check out this textbook which we're inclined to buy. It costs like one hundred and eighty freaking ringgit! That's insane!!! But it's like a must have book coz we're probably gonna be using it for the next 2 years. Plus, we've got to get some art and design paraphernalia which are required by students. That equals to a very very VERY expensive course. As if the college fees weren't enough, now we have to get reference books and art supplies and computer softwares and thing-a-ma-bobs and whatchamacallits...it's just really alarming! My coursemates made calculations and told me that we're actually paying like 36 ringgit per hour for the lessons! Ka-CHING!!!

Anyway, we cruised around KL-town to locate art supply shops and book stores just to check out and compare prices. Everything seems really expensive. Although, I think I might have some of the required stuff, but it's back home in Penang. So I think I really gotta go home and get all those things to KL.

Oh, and by the way, I have a semester break from the 20th till the 26th of August. I know, I know, it hasn't even been 2 months and i'm having a break dee. I thought about it that way too.



+ My New YouTube Obsession

I was YouTubing a couple of days ago and I came across this rad YouTube video series network entitled the 'Thread Bangers' which is hosted by a girl-guy duo. It's basically a series about D.I.Y. fashion and all things hand-made for both guys and girls. It features how-to segments and ideas and projects which can be done at home. Some projects involve sprucing up your old clothing pieces by adding embelishments or even literally ripping them apart to create something completely new! I thought it was freakin' awesome! And kinda inspirational too. Makes me wanna do things! Here are some sample videos from the series...check it out!:







*Coming Up Next: Photos...

2 comments:

sankochan said...

dont smoke kay!!!
say... TAK NAK!!!

justin k said...

okayyy