Monday, July 02, 2007

Review: Transformers & Surf's Up

So i've been going out like everyday for the past week. I've dined out a lot and hung out with the people...the nice people that is. I've watched two movies since my last update and in this post, i'm going to review those movies!

+Transformers



Okay, I have to admit that I did not have high hopes for this particular movie. Hell, I wasn't even sure whether I wanted to watch it. I was supposed to watch Fantastic 4 with Jeffery that day but we ended up watching Transformers since the screening for Fantastic 4 was not in good timing. I ain't a huge Transformers fan but this movie is capable of making me into a Transformers Obsessed Fanatic! Infact, while driving home, I was hoping my car would start to transform in to one of them Transformers robots! Yes, it's THAT great! How could it not be since each frame of the Computer Generated Imagery takes a whopping 38 hours to make and edit! WOW! The graphics, especially when the Transformers morph, is seriously, and I mean seriously THE BEST DAMN THING i've seen. I was like "HOLY CRAP!!!" The actors, Shia LeBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Megan Fox, Tyrese and etc. played their roles well.


So if you haven't watched the movie....WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE!?!? Move that BUTT of yours and get into a seat for the very next screening of Transformers in a cinema near you! GO, I MEAN IT!!! I declare it the BEST movie i've seen this year, so far. It'll be worth every penny you pay for it! Good work Michael Bay!


+Surf's Up


Okay, I had even lower hopes for this movie. Well because the whole penguin thing is getting a little old...for me anyways. And again, I wasn't actually planning to catch this flick in the first place but as it turns out, the movie Zhi Xiang, Kah Whai and I originally planned to watch (Live Free or Die Hard) did not have any screening time. God, what's up with me and bad timing!?!? I swear, the next time i'm so checking out the screening times before I go there.


Anyways, the movie was not extremely impressive. The animation/graphics was pretty deft. The waves on the shores look extremely genuine and the facial expressions of the penguins were good enough to convey emotions. The story line was a little predictable though. But what sets this animated movie apart from others is the fact that the entire movie is brought to you in the form of a TV interview/on-going commentary, as if you were watching a live surfing competition. That makes it more refreshing. It's got some pretty good humour in it and not those typical slap-stick jokes. It's an okay film to watch but if you missed it, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Coming Up Next: Goodbye My Friends

4 comments:

Z said...

that good arr transformers? watching it this sunday..

Yong Ming said...

Totally agree with you on the Tranfomers...

Optimus Prime Rocks!!
(Bumblebee sucked tho. Hehe)

sankochan said...

Ah cis... i havent watch yet...

Surfs up was funny

justin k said...

Totally, go watch it!