Monday, September 10, 2007

My weekend

My internet connection was down for the past three days. And living without it was horrific. Just imagine: No e-mail updates, No instant messaging, No YouTubing and No blogging! Utter madness!!! The breakdown of the internet connection system really made me realise just how addicted dependent i've become on the net and computer and how big a part it is in my life.

Anyway, it finally got fixed just a few hours ago but we (as in us housemates) had to seek help. And worst of all...WE HAD TO BLOODY PAY THE DAMN FELLA MONEY FOR HIS BARELY-CAN-BE-CONSIDERED SERVICE!!! I mean, he practically knows this stuff off the back off his hand and he has to charge us like forty something bucks for resetting the system. Urghhh...it's all about the money in KL isn't it?

So, last Saturday, Sophia, Jon and I headed over to the National Museum in KL to sought some information for our Malaysian Studies assignment. I know we can probably get the same info off the net but...what fun would it be then? ;) So, we went there just to have a look at the place and of course to take photos of the building, Jon, the displays featured, Jon, the artifacts, Jon and more pictures of Jon. I'm kidding Jon...just kidding.

The day went by pretty quickly. We toured all of the main building and got some relevent information from the place. Now, the good thing about the place is that the entrance fee is just 2 ringgit and also, photography is permitted inside. But the downside...it's undergoing renovation and upgrading currently so you might wanna wait it out. But the newly refurbished part looks better and more up-to-date.

- the facade

- new displays



- a crime scene in the museum

- pretending to be statues

- now you know how the jumping shots are made...

- just gazing

- I wonder what's she looking at?

- funny random pic

- Jon, Sophia and me


After the museum tour, I went to meet up with my family to celebrate our dad's birthday. (Thanks to Jon for fetching me all the way to Sri Hartamas and saving me the trouble. I know it's pretty far and outta your way but I appreciate it.) My parents decided to go to Starhill Gallery for the dinner celebration. Usually we would eat at Sentidos Tapas but this time, we wanted to try other restaurants so we chose the Luk Yu Tea House Chinese Restaurant. The place was good. I really liked the steamed cod fish there. To view my full review of the place, click here.


- starstruck...the captivating lighting at Starhill


On Sunday, I hung out a bit more with my family before they returned to Penang and my sis to S'ban. We went to 1-Utama and then followed by the Curve which had SOOO many freakin' people it took us like FOREVER to find a parking spot and it wasn't even a proper parking spot! But what REALLY made my day was our tea time at this food outlet called 'the apartment' which served pretty good food. I had a bowl of mussels and all of us had desserts which were quite alright. But what I liked apart from the food was the atmosphere. It had this really relaxed feel to it. I've gotta go back there some other time.

That basically sums up my weekend. But once again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!


- mom & dad

2 comments:

michiko said...

why you still have to do malaysian studies? Didnt you done it during HSC?

justin k said...

Kinda Long story