Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just my Luck

One my assignments this semester involves rendering a video of at least 30 seconds of a 3D model of a building. As most of you would know I'm far from beaing the tech savvy. And naturally, I found this something of a challenge.

So yesterday I was at the college computer lab preparing to render some clips of my video. I had to make minor adjustment to the model and stuff and when I finished, I took off from college at about 10pm and left the computer on to generate the video. Something that you should probably know: A 10 second clip takes about like 8 hours to render. Insane, I know. But it's true.

So this morning I went back to college to collect the finished video. Walked into the lab...saw that the computer I used had its screen off. Upon further inspection, the whole computer was off. Apparently there was this person who was smart enough to unplug my computer so that she could plug in her laptop although I had clearly written a message, and a big message at that, saying: "DO NOT LOG OFF...RENDERING IN PROGRESS."

But unfortunately some people are just utterly blind and amazingly stupid since THERE WAS ANOTHER POWERPOINT AVAILABLE JUST RIGHT NEXT TO THE ONE SHE UNPLUGGED. And further more, she used her laptop just to use MSN messenger. Needless to say my heart sunk. All those hours I poured into that 10 second clip has just been hurled into the recycle bin. Thanks to that remarkably dim-witted soul, I feel as though I'm useless. I'm like a bird with no wings, a student without a teacher, an oversized man with an XS-sized shirt.

Where is my will to live?

Stay tuned for m.....oh who gives a sh*t.....don't stay for all I care.


- A shot of the house I'm currently rendering.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry for you juz, but then as you know...there's this one word called KARMA.

so don't worry and continue working with your project. i know, sometimes when it comes to this tech thingy it's just all depends on luck.

anyway, over sized man with an XS t-shirt ?

hahah, i am still chasing time to finish up my report. anyway, got to go now.

see ya soon !

May said...

poor justin...
haiz..im wondering what did you say to him when you realized that he is using the plug for msn messenger ONLY?

michiko said...

aiyor.. you sad person. I feel sorry for you.

oh yes you should believe in Karma! =)

Yong Ming said...

That's terrible. I hope you gave her a good talking to.

Don't get too despondent though. An assignment is not worth getting depressed over.

Jhei said...

Dumbass.

Nvm la... you get to come to US while she doesn't XD

justin k said...

ITCH: Yes, you read right. XS shirt.

May: Correction...it was a SHE.

The rest: Yeah, I know. I'm still working on it although I've got a thousand other submissions due next week.