Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spot On: Boat Shoes

There has been a resurgence of the boat shoe in recent times. Every time I flip through a magazine my eyes never fail to stumble upon a pair of those iconic shoes. Invented back in the 1930s, it was designed to be worn on the deck of a boat as their softer soles prevent from scratching the boat surfaces.

But now you don't need to have a boat to wear one of these classic shoes. They can now carry you anywhere from casual to smart occasions. And as of this moment, they are on trend. But I never follow trends to begin with. I just like these shoes very much.





Above: Both shoes by Sperry Top-Sider.


Stay tuned for more.

4 comments:

Jeremy Choo said...

How about spotting a sailor top with the shoes :P

Anonymous said...

i like the second one...

Jonathan aka Lil' Boy said...

I used to have those wen I was a kid ^^ ok, teenager? erm, around that stage...

justin k said...

JC: Hmm...you should try that in public someday and tell me how it goes!

ITCH: Yeah! It's made from a felt-like material.

J: I want one now....