Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reality series

So, I'm officially finished with classes and I'm now on study leave which should really be called 'that period of time used to work on the final Studio challenge.' It's really a make-it-work moment and the entire semester boils down to this.

But I have to say this semester has put me in this different sort of mood. I don't think that I display it in front of my peers, but I undoubtedly feel it in me. Now, I don't know how to put into words the way I'm feeling, but i'll use a metaphor. I feel like I'm participating in a TV reality series. I'm far away from my family and I haven't seen them much over 4 months. I'm having to deal with friends, seeing them almost every other day and giving each other support while trying to complete our own given tasks.

I know what other people go through are far worse than what I'm experiencing. I'm not whining or complaining about it. It's just that I really hope all of this helps me to grow as a better person mentally, physically and academically. And if everything doesn't turn out the way I want it to be, I just want to be able move forward and not delve into every single detail of my shortcomings.


Stay tuned for more.

No comments: