Friday, September 25, 2009

Snapshot: Penang

As I was taking pictures in town yesterday, I decided to journey off the roads would normally take. It took alot of walking but then I managed to discover places I've never explored before. I walked on roads I so often wondered where they led to, tip toed across narrow lanes I never knew existed, pranced down the streets I've never actually taken a second look at. And if you are wondering, yes I ran out of words and was forced to use 'pranced'.

It's a feeling like no other. Just when I thought I had some knowledge about the city, I find myself in some one-lane alley next to an abandoned building which somewhat resemble a crack house and I think to myself, "This is awesome!" And my interest in the roads and buildings and sights and sounds and smells of the city is completely renewed.

If I could turn back time, I wish I could have explored more when I was still schooling at St. Xavier's. If only I had opened my eyes a little larger and walk a little further just to be able to see what I missed out the day before. On the other hand, I'm glad I'm only discovering these places now. After gaining more knowledge, I can now see these sights in a different light.


1:51pm | behind St. George's Anglican Church, Kapitan Keling Mosque Road.



1:56pm | Stewart Lane.


Stay tuned for more snapshots.

4 comments:

Jonathan aka Lil' Boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan aka Lil' Boy said...

so thats hw the top of the church looks like... been wondering..

Jhei said...

wa... now it says justin k. photography.... are you starting a business?

justin k said...

shhhhh