I spent hours and hours experimenting with Google SketchUp today. I'm finding it quite difficult to maneuver and create forms because it's very much different from 3DS Max which I took a class in last semester. I pretty much still suck at 3D modelling and computer generated renderings, its just way too complicated. Nevertheless, I must try to get a hold of the knowledge. Hell, I must grasp that knowledge, put it into a food processor, blend said knowledge into bits of information and shove it down my own throat and up into my brain. Well technically it can't reach my brain through my throat, BUT YOU GET THE POINT!
Anyways, this is the experimental 3D model for the first assignment of Studio earlier in the semester. It's a group effort and we were proposing a sculptural entrance to KL's underground railway line (KTM). So imagine if you will, an underground train station with its tracks and trains. And above ground, there would be a sprawling park with these entrances scattered throughout.
Stay tuned for more.

No comments:
Post a Comment