Friday, November 20, 2009

Spot On: Snood




Okay, so what exactly is a snood? It's kinda like a cross between a scarf and a hood. It's nothing new actually. Infact, it's an old contraption but a renewed interest is giving them a resurgence.


- Burberry Fall/Winter 2009



- Burberry Fall/Winter 2009


You can call it whatever you like, 'snood', 'circle scarf', 'the lazy-man's scarf'. It's one of the hottest accessories this winter. It's basically a scarf made like a tube, so you just pull it over your head and skip the hassle of trying to tie a knot on a normal scarf and possibly having excess fabric flutter all over your face. And best of all, it's surprisingly chic and dapper.

I personally love these scarves. If I am experiencing winter right now, I'd slip one on over any jacket right now and walk right out the door. I probably appreciate a snood in a heftier material like in a thick knit. I like the chunky-ness and how it feels somewhat oversized and rich and comfortable.



- Chunky and chic.
Burberry Fall/Winter 2009



And it does not only look good on runway models, take a look at these people off the street and how they work this seemingly simple garment into their outfits:









Pictures from Lookbook

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: