Sunday, November 08, 2009

Spot On: Combat Boots


- Sleek black leather boots with a back zipper.
Zara Fall/Winter 2009

The next shoe that I'm planning to buy would probably be a pair boots coz boots are kinda peaking my interest. Preferably boots made from black leather, cut high and laced. Like Combat Boots. They have this weatherproof feel to them as though you can wear them on the street, in the jungle , in the rain, at the beach and you get what I mean.

I can imagine wearing an all black outfit with these boots, taking large strides in the rain along the puddled alley way that is lit only by a single street lamp. It's the middle of the night and the only sounds are that of the thrashing of rain and wind against the metal dumpster. As I walk further down the lane towards my destination, I leave the eerie glow of the street lamp behind me. With each stride I plunge into greater darkness. I turn a corner and an iridescent glow of yellow and red await at the end of another alley.

I walk even faster now, running almost. My boots hitting the ground with a splash every step of the way. But I fear not for they are (hopefully) waterproof. As I reach the end of it, I am confronted with a blinding light. I peer through my rain soaked eyelids: Two golden arches of monumental scale. The mother of all logos. THE M......Mcdonalds.

Okay fine, MAYBE It's pathetic that I SOMETIMES go for midnight burger runs. And MAYBE it's stupid that I SOMETIMES still enjoy running in the rain. But hey, I just painted a pretty picture there and It's all just because of a pair of boots.


- Combat boots as seen on the runway of Dior Homme Fall/Winter 07/08



- Dior Homme Fall/Winter 07/08



- Boots by Tim Hamilton



- Doc Martens are also a viable option.



- Boots from the current collection available at Zara.
Zara Fall/Winter 2009



- A really handsome pair of brown leather boots that I wish to own if I had the cash. RM 500, bloody mad.
Zara Fall/Winter 2009

So yeah, I do want boots. Probably not when I'm in Malaysia. In the future perhaps. And I can have more time to weigh in whether to get combat boots or boots of some other kind.

Stay tuned for more.

5 comments:

jo said...

love the combat boots.. it makes u look "Booms"..hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

aaahhhhhDAT%$^YHYN%*^(%^NJHF


i NEED them. for class hikes. so i DO have a valid purpose :D

justin k said...

Jo: Yeah I know right! gotta get them now!

Joey: Yes. NEED is a good word. I gotta find a solid reason for myself then too.

GlamourCore with BunnyTale said...

do you know were i can buy the hamilton combat boots on line?

justin k said...

unfortunately, I'm not all that certain where to get them at this point. Sorry.