Saturday, November 07, 2009
Summer
I'm obsessed with summer. The sun shining brightly, vegetation thriving, warm sand on your feet and sunglasses perched precariously on my face. I always think of doing all sorts of activities when I go back to Penang. I want to have a lazy afternoon by the shore, a walk around Georgetown, cycling in Pulau Tikus or brunch at noon in an alfresco cafe.
But in the end I find myself not doing most of them. Not everything turns out the way I want it to because over the months in KL, I've painted this perfect setting of how things are supposed to turn out. They mostly fail. Sometimes it's the temperemental weather, conflicting schedules, friends who aren't willing to commit or even money issues. And the realization that brunch at noon in an alfresco cafe would just give me a heat stroke.
So, I'm not entirely obsessed with summer. I'm only obsessed with the IDEA of summer. I've deduced that it's my form of escapism in college.
PS: I DO know it's summer here 24/7 365.
Stay tuned for more.
Tags:
Life in Polaroid,
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment