Okay, I will admit I don't wear a lot of polos but it's not because I hate them. Infact, I think it is a fail-safe option to step out of the house. It's the kind of garment you wear when you don't want to look different. And alot of middle age men tend to choose it as their unofficial uniform. The polo strikes a balance between formal and casual wear.
But when that collar takes flight, I honestly think it looks ridiculous. Some may say it frames the face and gives them a cool look and all that bull but frankly, I think it just makes you look as though you're trying too hard. A sort of needy desperation to seek attention.
Okay, I will make A FEW exceptions. If you have a severe, possibly life-threatening rash which has practically engulfed the skin on your neck...okay. If it's cold out there and your neck is feelin' the chills...maybe. If your neck is so disproportionately long that popping the collar makes you look more appealing...*thinks hard*...maybe. Other than those reasons...abso-f*ckin-lutely NOT.
Seriously, if you have an upturned collar right now, go kill yourself. If you haven't done it and intend to do it in the near future, go kill yourself. And if you popped you collar while reading this post, go kill yourself. Just calmly put that collar down and no one's getting hurt.
And by the way, the collar of a polo is supposed to sit more or less stiffly against your body. If it falls limp against your shoulders, donate it and get a new one.
Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:
oh guess what? My sisters does it!!!!!!!!
they think it's sooo rad!
-false excitement-
Post a Comment