Sunday, August 10, 2008

New scene

First and foremost, the reason I haven't been updating is due to the absence of an internet connection at my current residence. However, now i've finally managed to get myself to go through with the tedious process of looking for internet service providers, comparing them and choosing one which suits me. I've come to settle on the Celcom USB modem device where I just have to plug the thing into my laptop and I could attain internet access as long as i'm close enough to civilisation.

Now, some may be wondering how my new place looks like. Well, in order to respect the privacy of my relatives, i'm not giving out the address nor posting up pictures of the facade of their home. But what I WILL do is post pictures of the room i'm occupying.

It's a pretty big room to my standards as my room in Penang is small. My relatives have provided me with a queen sized bed, a small dresser and a cabinet which I am using to keep my clothes. Also, sis has kindly provided me with an IKEA table shipped all the way from the US! So my room's pretty much equipped with all the things I need and more. I'm very grateful.



- the bed and the small dresser in the far right corner next to the window.


- me, using my sister's IKEA table next to the door to the room.


- the best thing about the room is the fact that is comes with an attached bathroom!



Now, on to college. Since I was given no choice but to drop the AutoCAD 2 class, I am only taking 4 subjects this semester compared to me taking 5 in my two previous semesters. But this does not neccesarily mean a lighter workload since i'm taking my first Studio class which is notoriously hectic. Infact, i've already got my first assignment handed out to me. It's a group project and we're required to recreate a costume for a superhero of our choice. And the catch it that it must only be made from one material. And this assignment dues next week. *gulp*

So, as my new semester picks up speed, I too will have to gain momentum. And because my sister has gone back to the US, I probably will no longer be making frequent trips back to Penang. In addition, petrol prices have soared.

So, this is the start of a new semester with a slight shift in scenary. I hope it turns out to be a good one.

Stay tuned for more.

5 comments:

Tau Sar Phneah said...

wow...ensuite bedroom le...lucky you..have evrything to your own...

Anonymous said...

i see forever 21 bag.....hmmm, confess and therapy....

alvin_t said...

ur assignment like project runway ..
u can practice what u learn in banglo stay ..

justin k said...

Juz: Yeah, I count myself pretty lucky. Plus, they are so nice to me.

ITCH:.....no comment

Al: Haha...it is indeed like project runway for the people who have no experience what-so-ever in garment making.

justin k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.