Yesterday I headed into KL city for some shopping with Ivan. I guess the best thing about going out in smaller groups is that it's easier to decide which shops to head to and another is that we walk at about the same pace. I kinda find it difficult to walk slowly and linger while shopping, sure I take my time while being INSIDE the shop but when going from one shop to another I tend to walk at a faster pace.
We hit three malls yesterday on foot. All the way from pavilion to Suria KLCC. It's not that far, it only took us a brisk walk to and fro. Our main intention was, of course, to do some shopping. If my mum and sister were to read this post, i'd bet they'd be gasping and their heart rates would have increased from reading the last sentence. But please, read on.
Anyways, I went into all my favourite shops sifting through clothes racks on end. From AG to Zara. If you're wondering why I was out shopping when i've been consistently ranting about the avalanche of work, it's because I merely needed a break and hey...it's Saturday! Plus, Monday's Deepavali.
I ended up not buying anything with the exception of a magazine from Kinokuniya. We were both not really in a shopping mood as Chinese New Year was still a far reach and i've got no upcoming special occasions that would demand a fresh new set of clothes. And above all else, it just wasn't the sales period which would normally get everyone (me included) in the mood to shop. So, while me not buying any article of clothing may be (a)typical, i'm still elated that i've saved my money for other things or when the sales return in full force. Ahh...mother would be so proud (and perhaps wipe that bead of sweat that was forming at her temple).
PS: Happy Birthday Jhei Mie!
Stay tuned for more.
3 comments:
ooh..new layout plus a new header. so white... and just reminds me of a great white lie someone committed.
anyway, it's a good thing not buying anything. after all the sight-seeing and the walking, i would say were good enough to fill up the time.
*wipes the bead of sweat off mum's forehead*
Thank you!! =)
Also, you might want to edit 4th to last line... shouldn't it be "atypical"?
Itch: White= minimalism. That says it all.
Jhei: Haha...thanks
Post a Comment